Dental Implants for Tacoma, WA
Missing teeth make it difficult to eat and can be embarrassing when speaking or smiling. Let Smile Now Dental help return your smile with an innovative dental implant procedure. Smile Now Dental has helped residents of Tacoma and the surrounding cities with a permanent solution to their missing teeth. Dentures can break or be uncomfortable to eat with and dental bridges tend to trap food particles, which can lead to bad breath and gum disease. Having a dental implant procedure is the newest, best way to permanently replace missing teeth.
Dental Implant Procedures in Tacoma, WA
Having a dental implant procedure in Tacoma, WA is relatively simple, with time to heal being the longest part of the process. The dental implant procedure from Smile Now Dental involves the following steps:
- Evaluation of the jawbone – Bone grafting may need to be done first if it isn’t thick enough or is too soft
- Tooth extraction, if necessary
- A hole is drilled into the jaw and a metal post is placed
- A temporary tooth is placed on the post
- Healing time takes anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. The bone will grow and regenerate around the post.
- A permanent tooth is placed.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental Implants provide a permanent, natural looking, and natural feeling solution to missing teeth. Some of the major benefits to dental implants are:
- Oral Health: Unlike bridges, dental implants behave like real teeth so it’s easy to brush and floss to maintain your oral health.
- Nutrition: Missing teeth can lead to malnutrition because it can be difficult to chew properly and some foods have to be completely avoided.
- Oral Comfort: Dentures and bridges can be uncomfortable if they don’t fit well.
- Clear Speech: Missing teeth make it difficult to speak properly so having dental implants will help with proper pronunciation.
- Convenience: With dentures, there are specific ways they must be cared for. Dental implants behave like real teeth, so you never have to worry about dropping them or having them become loose while eating or speaking.
- Self-Esteem: When people have missing teeth, they’re often uncomfortable showing too much of their mouth so they stop speaking and smiling as much. Having a dental implant procedure can help improve your smile and your self-esteem.
Contact Smile Now Dental to Learn More about Dental Implants
If you are in Tacoma, WA and are ready to start smiling, speaking, and eating like you did before you lost teeth, it’s time to contact Smile Now Dental at (253) 531-3414. Our dentists have a combined 27 years of experience, so you know you’re in good hands.